Announcing the new What So Proudly We HailNovember 5th, 2012
Welcome to the new What So Proudly We Hail, an e-learning project for civic education. Created by award-winning teacher-scholars Amy and Leon Kass, the project seeks to create thoughtful and engaged citizens with the help of American stories, speeches, and songs. We’ve upgraded our website to simplify it, make it easier to navigate, and offer a fresher and better reading experience. Here’s what you might notice as being different:
- A new Home page with a sleeker look and quick links to our curricula and the vast array of great American texts we’ve gathered for you.
- Our ten-part online course, “The Meaning of America,” which features rich study guides and video conversations among the editors.
- An online Library of American short stories, historic documents, speeches, and songs.
- A new series of ebooks for celebrating our national holidays.
- An expanded Resources page with more links to other useful sites and learning tools.
- A monthly newsletter on our latest activities and readings geared toward the American Calendar. (Sign up to receive the newsletter.)